WPC Technology | WPC Doors Manufacturers in India
Previously, there used to be only a single type of wood-based panels used as raw materials. Most of the furniture was being made from solid or natural wood planks either joining different pieces or in single piece. Wood was mostly used in its natural state and very little processing was required. Teak and Rosewood were the most common durable as well as exotic species of wood with an easy availability. However, the natural state of wood has its own disadvantages like limitation in width availability, problems in strength properties like shrinkage and swelling caused due axes, exfoliation problems from weather conditions and so on.
To overcome these problems, WPC (Wood Polymer Composite) was born- a composite solution which is made from wood and polymer.
WPC or more commonly known as Wood Polymer Composite is one of the most promising as well as sustainable green material, which has evolved as a fundamental product in India. However, it has been well adopted across the globe as well. With the increasing demand of building products, engineers started to feel the necessity of creating unique and innovative building material. Hence WPC came into existence.
The WPC process involves polymers, which are reinforced when wood powders and fibers are incorporated in them. These fibers and wood powders are discharged as agricultural residues from the mills and factories. This process is a 100% air and water pollution free manufacturing process. It is highly eco-friendly since it does not have any kind of formaldehyde emission. In this process a material is recycled at the end of its cycle creating a new product. The resultant product is the minimization of the solid waste content, thus contributing to the conservation of natural resources. Energy, cost as well as the depletion of the basic materials are substantially reduced.
WPCs are the combination of wood and polymer products which have exceptional environmental credentials as well as performance.
- They are a perfect hybrid of wood and polymer
- Plentiful raw materials are used at a very low cost. The recycled polymers and wood wastes rather become an asset than liabilities.
- WPCs are priced competitively and are quite equivalent to the traditional materials like Plywood, MDF, timber etc
- They can be easily fabricated and produced by using the traditional wood processing techniques. They are available in a broad range of finishes and appearances
- They are absolutely recyclable.
- They are eco-friendly and a green product
- WPCs are energy saving
- The look of WPCs is almost as good as a natural wood.
- Saw able, plane able, drillable as of wood
- Can highly resist heat and cold
- They are water and moisture proof
- Termite and pest free
- Can be easily shaped using heat, moulds& special extrusion technology and equipment
- They are used as a versatile building material
- Manufacturing of WPC is 100% safe
- Easily fastened to joists or fence posts using common screws
- Do not have a property of expansion and contraction like natural wood, hence elasticity is maintained
- They do not fade easily under sunlight
- Strength is uniform across & throughout the board
- They have an attractive appealing surface